Here are answers to some Frequently Asked Questions:
1) Why do you source your cars in Spain? - Spain's climate is arid which means no rust. Since we are refurbishing vs "restoring" cars, it's very important we start with good rust-free examples. Additionally, Spanish market RRC's were avail with more reliable/desirable 200/300 TDI diesel engines (vs. US spec V8), and fewer electronic components that were prone to failure in US spec trucks.
2) Do you handle all of the importing logistics duties etc? - Yes, when we quote you a price for a vehicle its landed in the USA (New York) customs cleared, duties paid.
3) What is the difference between "refurbishment" and "restoration" - Our cars are expertly refurbished in Spain by highly trained craftsmen. Refurbishing cars entails fixing/replacing anything that needs to be fixed or replaced. This may include (but is not limited to) stripping, doing bodywork, painting, adding new leather upholstery, new carpets, new headliner, new wheels, new tires, full engine service, compression check, more below...Doing a frame off nut and bolt restoration is almost like building a brand new car from scratch. They also cost about 3 times what our cars cost.
Work completed on recent builds:
- New paint/bodywork
- New bobbed front and rear bumpers
- Body color C-pillars
- New leather upholstery
- Refinished Door Cards
- New carpeting
- New Alcantara Headliner
- New wheels and tires
- New front and rear shock absorbers
- New alloy steering guard
- Chassis checked for rust and sprayed with zinc-based chassis paint.
- Check compression (strong and even across all four cylinders)
- Check turbo boost (correct and spools quickly)
- Check for leaks (no major leaks)
- New engine oil and filter
- New fuel filter
- New transmission oil
- New fluid in the transfer case
- New fluid in the front and rear differentials
- Pressure test and flush the coolant
- Flush and bleed the brakes
- Pressure test and recharge the A/C system
- Check steering system
- Test all electrical components
4) Can you build me a custom car to my exact specifications? - We will work with you on choosing colors/wheels/interior materials etc that work with our aesthetic and yours. Then we build them to our spec and import them. We don’t do fully custom builds. They are semi-custom for sure. It’s too much back and forth at this price range, but you will love the end result.
5) Do you offer cars with Automatic Transmission or just Manual? - We have yet to find an automatic in Spain. Also manual is more fun to drive in our opinion and sort of goes with our whole vibe. That said, we understand some people have different circumstances. We have recently starting sourcing automatics in the USA for those whole must have them.
6) Do you offer leasing or financing options? - Yes we work with some companies that provide financing, although we've had customers get auto loans from their own banks as well. We don't lease.
7) Can I see/test drive a car before purchasing it. - Of course! You are welcome to make an appointment and come check one out. The olive one featured on our homepage is our company truck and is always avail to see quality of our work. We usually have one or 2 others in our Brooklyn showroom as well as they await transport to their new owners. Just let us know.
8) Will you be refurbishing cars other than Range Rover Classics ? - YES! We're called "Stray Dog Classics" not "Stray Dog Range Rover Classics". Working on some other "Stray Dogs" now and can't wait to share them with you. Stay tuned.
9) How much are your cars? - There are a few variables that can affect price so please email us at email@example.com) I have a question that is not answered here, how do i contact you? - Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org