Here are answers to some Frequently Asked Questions:
1) Why do you source your cars in Spain? - Spain's climate is arid which means no rust. It's very important that we start with good rust-free examples. Additionally, Spanish market RRC's were available in different configurations with engines and other features that were never available in the US.
2) Do you handle all of the importing logistics duties etc? - Yes, when we quote you a price for a vehicle its landed in the USA (New York) customs cleared, duties paid.
3) What is the difference between "refurbishment" and "restoration" - Our cars are expertly refurbished in Spain by highly trained craftsmen. Refurbishing cars entails fixing/replacing anything that needs to be fixed or replaced. This may include (but is not limited to) stripping, doing bodywork, painting, adding new leather upholstery, new carpets, new headliner, new wheels, new tires, full engine service, fully mechanically gone thru and tested, compression check, more below...Doing a frame off nut and bolt restoration is almost like building a brand new car from scratch. They also cost about 3 times what our cars cost.
Work completed on recent builds:
- New paint/bodywork
- New bobbed front and rear bumpers
- Body color C-pillars
- New leather upholstery
- Refinished Door Cards
- New carpeting
- New Headliner
- New wheels and tires
- New front and rear shock absorbers
- New alloy steering guard
- Chassis checked for rust and sprayed with zinc-based chassis paint.
- Check compression (strong and even across all cylinders)
- Cylinder head overhall (Head gasket replaced. Head machined and magnafluxed before re-sealing)
- Valve guides and valve stem seals replaced.
- Check turbo boost (correct and spools quickly)
- Check for leaks
- New engine oil and filter
- New fuel filter
- New transmission oil
- New fluid in the transfer case
- New fluid in the front and rear differentials
- Pressure test and flush the coolant
- Flush and bleed the brakes
- Pressure test and recharge the A/C system
- Check steering system
- Test all electrical components
4) Can you build me a custom car to my exact specifications? - We are moving away from doing entirely custom builds. It seems that most of the customs we were doing were inspired by earlier trucks that we built the way we knew people would love them anyway. In certain instances if you catch us at the right phase of production, customers can have input on colors/wheels/interior materials etc. We also usually have several amazing and unique trucks in stock for instant gratification. Most of the available vehicles are viewable here (we always have few in the final stages of production that are not listed yet so never hurts to ask).
5) Do you offer cars with Automatic Transmission or just Manual? - Most of the trucks we source in Spain are 5 speed manual transmission. They are super fun and easy to drive. Automatics are very rare there. Nonetheless we have recently starting sourcing automatics in Spain and the USA for those who want them.
6) Do you offer leasing or financing options? - We work with a company that specializes classic car financing and we've had customers get auto loans from their own banks as well. We don't lease. We do however rent our cars for film/photo shoots if interested.
7) Can I see/test drive a car before purchasing it. - Of course! You are welcome to make an appointment and come check one out at our showroom in Brooklyn NY. Just let us know.
8) Will you be refurbishing cars other than Range Rover Classics ? - We're called "Stray Dog Classics" not "Stray Dog Range Rover Classics". We just completed/sold our first Land Rover Discovery 1 300TDI! Working on some other "Stray Dogs" now and can't wait to share them with you. Stay tuned.
9) I already have a Range Rover Classic can you restore it for me? - Sorry, no we’re too busy sourcing and working on our own cars for customers. Plus we do most of our work in Spain.
10) How much are your cars? - More affordable than you might expect. There are a few variables that can affect price so please email us at email@example.com
11) What color code/wheel size/tire size is that? no.12) I have a question that is not answered here, how do i contact you? - Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org